Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

Au Pair - Part 1

Hello! 
How are you? I hope everything is ok. 

Today I'm going to write some information about au pair. This is the first part of "Au Pair topic". 

Like I mentioned in my last post, on 28th August I will be au pair in the UK. I decided to go with au pair agency "Prowork" from Poland. But of course in your country there are many of au pair agencies. 

Some of future au pairs look for their host families on website Au Pair World <link>, some of them on facebook groups. 

The family give you accommodation, free food and pocket money. Instead you have to look after their children and help them with some household duties.
Au Pair is treated like a family member (f.e. travelling, going away with host family on vacation). Moreover au pair has the opportunity to attend language courses, meeting new people, culture of the country.
So it should look like this, but sometimes it looks a lot different. 

I found my perfect host family after few days. There is HM, HD and three boys: 12,11 and 8. I will work 5 hours per day, 25 hours per week. Location is perfect (is large town in western Kent, about 50 minutes to London by train). 

Why au pair?

I love kids, of course. But not only because of that. 
I think that this is the best way to improve language skills, meet new people, know new culture. 
If you love kids and want to spend next year with other family this program is for you :)

I lived in Spain (Erasmus - student exchange) for 11 months and I love things like this. So I decided to go to the UK and work as au pair. This will be also challenge (living with family, other language). 

My adventure will begin on August 28 :)

If you have any questions about au pair, please write on the comments below :) Or send me e-mail. I always answer you back. 

Have a good day! 
Marta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment